Ice ax for demanding ice climbing and dry tooling
The ERGONOMIC ice tool is designed for steep ice climbing and dry tooling. The strong incline of the handle provides the ideal angle for longer holding and better draw support. The double handle enables different holding positions and safe gripping. Ideal for rock and ice, the DRY pick allows for inverted positions and the pick weights make it easier to jam the pick in cracks. A small hammer protects the head and allows hooks to be driven in. Thanks to the modular concept, the accessories can be selected according to the intended tour.
bill of quantities
- Comfortable handling, suitable for technically very demanding routes:
- The double handle (top and bottom) enables different holding positions and a secure grip.
- Highly angled lower handle increases comfort when holding and provides better support in extremely difficult passages. The shape allows for open-handed handling to prevent rapid fatigue and optimize rest periods.
- The ergonomically designed upper handle made of two-component material offers excellent grip and protects the hand from the cold.
- The hydroformed shaft ensures optimum grip in the middle of the shaft.
- Efficient setting, hooking and jamming in any terrain:
- The perfectly balanced design of the ice ax ensures excellent swing behavior.
- The curved shaft below the head makes hooking easier.
- The tapered (3.3 mm), versatile DRY pick is suitable for all terrain: rock, snow and ice. The thickness of the pick (4mm) ensures increased torsional strength when blocking. Serrated top for inverted positions provides stable support.
- Flywheel mass and impact power are improved by the MASSELOTTE weights.
- The shape of the pick weights has been optimized for jamming the pick in cracks.
- Full modularity thanks to the ALPEN ADAPT system:
- Thanks to the modular head, the technical characteristics of the ice ax can be adapted to the intended tour.
- Interchangeability of the ICE, PUR'ICE, DRY and PUR'DRY picks to adapt the ice ax to the needs of the tour (snow, ice or mixed terrain).
- Shovel and hammer are interchangeable.
- Supplied with MINI MARTEAU to protect the head and hammer in hooks.
- In the weight-saving version without accessories (only 550 g), the ice ax can be used for dry tooling.
- The ergonomically designed GRIPREST ERGONOMIC finger rest with three adjustment positions adapts to any hand size, even when the user wears thick gloves.